The Object Data Standard: ODMG 3.0 by R. Cattell, D. Barry
This isn't a book about the Object Data Standard; it's the complete, fully authoritative version of the standard itself, presented by the researchers who developed it. This book provides all the details comprising ODMG 3.0, making the latest version of the specification the most mature and most flexible yet.
When it comes to storing objects in databases, ODMG 3.0 is a standard with which you need to be familiar-whether you design, develop, or implement object database products, object-to-relational database mapping products, or applications based on these products.
- Presents authoritative, completely up-to-date information not available anywhere else.
- Documents all the changes found in version 3.0, including enhancements to the Java language binding, greater semantic precision, and various improvements and corrections throughout the standard.
- Pays special attention to the broadening of the standard to support recent developments in object-to-database mappings (ODMs) that allow objects to be stored in relational databases.
- Provides a way to write Java, C++, or Smalltalk code that works with the entire spectrum of database products, while taking full advantage of your organization's preferred platform.
- Continues to cover everything retained from version 2.0, including key details relating to C++, Smalltalk, and Object Query Language.
- Establishes a level of stability for this increasingly important specification.