Building the Data Warehouse by W. H. Inmon
The data warehousing bible updated for the new millennium
Updated and expanded to reflect the many technological advances occurring since the previous edition, this latest edition of the data warehousing "bible" provides a comprehensive introduction to building data marts, operational data stores, the Corporate Information Factory, exploration warehouses, and Web-enabled warehouses. Written by the father of the data warehouse concept, the book also reviews the unique requirements for supporting e-business and explores various ways in which the traditional data warehouse can be integrated with new technologies to provide enhanced customer service, sales, and support-both online and offline-including near-line data storage techniques.
- The new edition of the classic bestseller that launched the data warehousing industry covers new approaches and technologies, many of which have been pioneered by Inmon himself
- In addition to explaining the fundamentals of data warehouse systems, the book covers new topics such as methods for handling unstructured data in a data warehouse and storing data across multiple storage media
- Discusses the pros and cons of relational versus multidimensional design and how to measure return on investment in planning data warehouse projects
- Covers advanced topics, including data monitoring and testing
- Although the book includes an extra 100 pages worth of valuable content, the price has actually been reduced from $65 to $55